2.02.2010

Reading List 2010

In my last post, I noted that one of my goals is to make, and stick to, a reading list for 2010. So, without much ado, here is my reading list for 2010, in no particular order:

Real Food for Mother and Baby: The Fertility Diet, Eating for Two, and Baby's First Foods, by Nina Planck

The Omnivore's Dilemma: a natural history of four meals, by Michael Pollan

The China Study: The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted..., by T. Colin Campbell, Thomas M. Campbell II

The Urban Homestead: your guide to self-sufficient living in the heart of the city, by Erik Knutzen, Kelly Coyne

The Heavenly Man: the remarkable true story of Chinese Christian Brother Yun, by Paul Hattaway

The Lost Art of Disciple-making, by Leroy Eims

Created to be His Help Meet: discover how God can make your marriage glorious, by Debi Pearl (re-reading!)

The Mission of Motherhood: touching your child's heart for eternity, by Sally Clarkson

Honey for a Child's Heart: the imaginative use of books in family life, by Gladys Hunt

Radical Womanhood: feminine faith in a feminist world, by Carolyn McCulley

Shepherding a Child's Heart, by Ted Tripp

Counsel from the Cross: Connecting Broken People to the Love of Christ, by Elyse M. Fitzpatrick


Pilgrim's Progress, by Paul Bunyan

Pilgrim at Tinker Creek, by Annie Dillard (re-reading...I love me some Annie Dillard!)

The Mind of the Maker, by Dorothy Sayers

I may not get this list read this year, or who knows, maybe I'll read more. Nonetheless, I am going to try taking them one-at-a-time (which is REALLY hard for me).

What are you reading this year?

2 comments:

Square Peg said...

I tend towards non-fiction, and religious books esp. Last 2 years has been a lot of books on prayer & spiritual practices. Jeff's encouraged me to try some other things, so I think I'll be trying a few apologetics & theology books this year.

Jenn said...

I loved The Heavenly Man. I've also got The Mission of Motherhood and Shepherding a Child's Heart on my reading list. Right now I'm really enjoying a series by Francine Rivers called The Mark of the Lion - Highly recommend it!