1.24.2011

Menu Plan Monday: Getting back in the kitchen edition

Since little Silas came along, friends and family have seriously blessed our socks off providing delicious meals for us several times a week. I have been spoiled not having to spend much time in the kitchen over the last 6 weeks, freeing me up to rest and snuggle with my kiddos. But, all good things come to an end, and it's time to fire up the oven and feed my family once more. Here's what we've got cookin':

Monday:: Veggie & chicken stir-fry, rice

Tuesday:: Slow cooker lasagna, mixed greens salad w/homemade balsamic vinaigrette

Wednesday:: Chicken and dumplings, spinach salad

Thursday:: Soy sauce-glazed salmon, miso soup, stir-fried bok choy


Saturday:: Baked ziti casserole, breadsticks, mixed green salad

We have been enjoying lots of soups lately...what could be better than a hardy, steaming bowl of soup on a frigid, snowy day, right?! And what goes better with soup than some yummy, crusty bread. I've used the 5 minutes a day method in the past, but recently found the authors have come up with some healthier versions I'd like to try out. Here's the simple wheat bread I think I'll be using:

No comments: